Saturday, February 18, 2012

How was reading growing up?

Reading for me growing up started out easy because i was young and i didn't have a choice but to go to school and learn. As i got older the harder reading became, Why because i was old enough later then before to be what mom wold say hard headed. I read sometimes and sometimes i wouldn't, I would say high school is when i stop trying because i didn't have much if any help with my homework at home. My mom was a divorced single mother of four she made sure we went to school had food, clothes, shoes and made sure we was at church every sunday morning. Were my mom is from the didn't have much eduation. I didn't have anyone to ask for help so i gave up, I ended up becoming a young parent i dropped out of high school in the 12th grade and begin working a fulltime job to provide for my child so at the time reading was not a factor money was. When i begun working and different words i couldn't read or spell it was very hurtful and embarrasing around mo co-workers so i said to myself money and education is a major factor in life. I beleive if you can't read you can't spell so it is very hard being a mother with kids that have homework, I wouldn't say i can't read at all but i can say that i'm not at all were i should be in reading and as a mother that has to teach my fear is my son or daughter going thru what i went thru in the education world.

1 comment:

  1. Annetta, you didn't seem to have difficulty learning. You just needed help along the way. Give this class 100% effort and hopefully you will be on your way to stronger reading and writing skills. Don't be "hard-headed" this time. :-).

    ReplyDelete