Thursday, April 12, 2012

"The Bystander Effect"

I can use myself as an example in the bystander effect. When I am in a group  with friends and family it's not all the time easy to act the way I would normally act when I'm alone. Being that Iwas raised in church growing up I didn't know very much about what lifestyle I wanted to live, I was young as a little girl you really don't no much if any about what kind of lifestyle you wanna live. Now that I am older and understand I choose to live a Christan life, such as trying not to get caught up in the worldly things, going to church, watching how I speak to people and the words that come out of my mouth. When I'm alone I live a totally different life in believe me its not fun living two lifestyles. When I surround myself in a group of people such as my cousins I feel myself fighting with myself nit to change the way I act. So i try very hard to hold the same image I hold when I'm alone but never the less I always fail. So here I am the Christan girl with a group of cousins dancing, drinking, loud talking using profile language and just not being myself as if I would be alone and not in a group. I also found myself talking about the bible with a cup of alcohol in my hand also using profile language and boy what did that make me feel like I know it made me feel stupid after I sat down in thought about my behavior when I was alone again, That is my experience of "The Bystander Effect".

1 comment:

  1. Your comments provide an example of how people change their personal behavior based upon whether they are alone or with others. The article in the book spoke about a person's willingness to help another in need when they observe in a group or in public, as a bystander, versus what they may be willing to do in a more private scenario. Did you read the article? Read it then re-read your post.

    ReplyDelete